Celebrating Edwards’ 69th year in business looks and feels a lot different than just four years ago, which I think many business owners can attest to. In retrospect, these last few years have flown by, but living through them has felt like a lifetime.
We faced many challenges in the last year, from hiring to increased demands on our services to technology needs and more.
While we have struggled in certain areas like so many of our counterparts, there have certainly been highlights that I am incredibly proud of.
Since our 65th anniversary:
- We have pivoted to remote working for 99% of our staff.
- We have answered a record number of incoming calls on behalf of our clients.
- We have welcomed 11 new staff members that have become integral to our operations.
- We have implemented a weekly newsletter – written by our employees – to keep our remote staff in the loop.
- We have enjoyed the highest client retention rate in company history.
- We have positioned ourselves in the best possible way to assist our current client base by accepting the least amount of new business at any time in our company’s history.
- We have invested in new technologies such as new ifax and efax systems, texting aggregators, inbound email monitoring, more robust data security measures, and automatic system-to-cloud backup.
- We have invested in our staff and maintained above industry standards for HIPAA compliance and supplier compliance verification training. We have also provided no-cost telehealth benefits to our employees and their family members.
Edwards continues to honor our mission: “people helping people.” While this mission has become more complicated over our 69 years, particularly these last few, our team’s passion and belief in this pursuit is what keeps us moving forward.
Sincerely, Gary A. Edwards
President, Edwards Answering Service Enterprises