From appointment and refill requests to insurance questions, cancellations, pharmaceutical calls, and more – the front desk of a practitioner’s office has always been a busy, buzzing place. However, making a doctor’s appointment in a newly restructuring world is an altogether a different experience. And thanks to a new reliance on telemedicine, medical practices have a slew of new considerations and concerns to field.
A medical answering service can help to streamline practices while simultaneously providing compassionate and knowledgeable assistance to potential patients, who are often in a position where “holding” is just one more frustration to handle. Not only that, but an answering service can also help your office make strides in maintaining complete compliance with myriad HIPAA laws and other standards and regulations.
Consider some of these phenomenal benefits of hiring a medical answering service:
- Trained, compassionate agents skilled in various clerical responsibilities, including:
- Appointment scheduling
- Recording new patient details
- Forwarding emergency calls
- Call forwarding solutions set up through your telephone vendor to provide pinch hitting during any time of day, and particular relief during seasonal influxes.
- Customization and convenience via a client web portal, which allows for precise management of calls even when you are away from the office:
- Recorded messages for future reference.
- Easy access and maintenance of your office’s on-call schedule.
- Secured patient data via HIPAA compliance technology.
- Instant communication with your team to notify them of impromptu changes and updates.
Call Edwards Answering Service at 800-606-3273 to learn more and to find out if your practice is eligible for our free week trial.